Welcome!

We hope you enjoy roaming with us on our latest adventures... Living for now on the east side of London, we feel that there are some memories worth noting. This seemed as good a way as any to try to make sure we record as many as possible.

Love to have your comments and contributions too of course.

Lis & Dwayne

Saturday 20 June 2009

Mudchute Farm

I've loved horse riding since my grandfather took me out mustering sheep and cattle at my aunt & uncle's farm near Goulburn throughout my childhood. There I rode happy and free in the wide open space and dreamed of growing up to be a farmer ('not a farmer's wife!', as I'd say). But whenever I went on horses trained in the English style I lost some confidence from the different use of the reins. Well, living in England seemed to be the perfect excuse to learn to ride with hands held high and without the security of a western saddle. Hyde Park seemed a bit expensive and on the other side of town, so I was pleased to find Mudchute Park & Farm, a little cheaper and closer, surprisingly alongside Canary Wharf's skyscrapers. So, on as many Sunday mornings as we have free and can afford, off I journey to what has become somewhat of a haven for me to join 3-4 others for adult horse riding lessons. I feel like I've been on a holiday as I return, usually pleasantly tired and mulling over where my legs and hands and back should be next time to improve my posture and chances of staying on... and working towards my goal of being able to jump! Once Dwayne comes along with me, I can put up a photo but so far, this is just one from the Mudchute site to give you a feel for the park/city contrast...

No comments:

Post a Comment